Hi! My name is Nicola Obert, I’m a freelance translator and audio describer. I'm located near Freiburg in Southern Germany.
I mainly offer translations
from English to German (my native language). Depending on the text, I sometimes translate from German to English as well, mostly legal documents and certificates. I also
My focus lies in the audiovisual area: I translate
Film translations/Barrier-free film
- Translation and adaptation for voice-over
including thorough research of facts, adjusting the translation to the duration of speech as well as extra services such as script formatting and spotting/correcting time codes
- Translation for
including notes on cultural characteristics and wordplays as well as alternative translations, if necessary
- Audio description
(film description for the blind and visually impaired) – in German only
Certified translations of legal documents and certificates
- School and university certificates, testimonials
- Civil status certificates (e.g. birth, marriage, or civil union certificates)
- Attestations and other documents (e.g. certificates of good conduct, certificates of citizenship)
Please find information on the order process for certified translations
- Student research projects (e.g. bachelor’s or master’s theses)
- Corporate communications texts (e.g. customer and staff magazines, websites and blogs)
- Novels (in German or translated from English to German)
Please read this page for
more information on proofreading/editing services
and file formats used.
express service and pricing for students
can be found here.